Thursday, February 6, 2014

Cardz TV 3-D DT "Valentine's Day" Challenge



Hello my crafty friends!  Welcome to the Cardz TV 3-D Design Team Challenge!  Our challenge is to make a 3-D project for Valentine's Day.  Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE to make treat holders or 3-D items.  This project holds a full size Snickers bar.

For the Love sentiment I used the Cardz TV Stamps set "Be My Valentine."  For the "You Make My Heart Sing!," I used the "Hugs and Kisses" set.  These two sets are full of wonderful sentiments for Valentines Day. I used a Stampin Up framelit called Starburst for the white behind the heart and embossed it with a Cuttlebug folder.  I punched a Full Heart punch for the the Love.  The cupids and dove were punched using Studio G punches.  The paper is from Recollections.

Recipe
4 1/2 x 7 1/4 colored cardstock.  With the long side of the paper at the top of your score board, score at 3/4, 2, 2 3/4, 4.  Add adhesive just below the 3/4 inch score line.  Insert the Snickers bar, then press together making sure the edges line up.  Round the top corners.  Cut a piece of patterned paper that measures 2 5/16 x 4 3/8 for the top back panel.  Round the corners.  Next cut a piece of the same patterned paper at 1 1/8 x 4 3/8.  For the small front panel, cut a piece that's 5/8 x 4 3/8.

These are really quick to make and fun to give to a loved one, friend, or co-worker.  So are you ready to join us for the Challenge?  You have until Noon EST Thursday February 21st to enter.  All you have to do is make a 3-D project, enter it on Mary's blog.  She's giving away a set of her awesome stamps.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  Hope to hear from you!

Lots of Hugs,
Laura
(The Queen)

11 comments:

  1. Love this cute little "flat" back treat holder Laura! I am loving that you can get a full size candy bar in it! Your paper is fabulous, love your heart and mat for the heart and of course your sentiments are just perfect with this paper! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Thank you for the clear and easy instructions. Going to try to make one for my son, the trumper player :-)
    Going to have to adjust the score lines because his fav. chocolate is Tobleorone. I'll let you know if I can figure the triangular shape out lol
    Hugs,
    Lena
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. You knocked it out of the park, Laura! Thank you so much for giving the recipe! I cannot wait to make these and give to my local crafty friends! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your candy box, Laura...You rocked this 3-D challenge!
    Thanks so much for sharing your time and talent with the Cardz TV 3-D Design Team!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Candy TREAT!!! Yummy!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this box-- fun idea! and now I am craving a snickers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving this candy box! Totally awesome!
    Deb C

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura I love this treat box! What a fancy way to give someone a sweet treat! Love it!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this treat box! So cute. I'm going to remember this as I treat hubby to chocolate quite a bit!

    Isn't this fun being on the 3D theme?
    Mimi Cardztv 3D Design Team Sister

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this fun treat box. Thank you for sharing your amazing creativity with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my Card Castle. Your comments are greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, please leave me a comment and a way to contact you. Please come back real soon!