Monday, February 27, 2012

Just Buzzing By



Hello my craft loving friends! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  I made this card last night. For the sentiment I used the Cardz TV stamp set "Going Buggy."  This such a cute set.
                           
This card base is a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 and the paper came from a Recollections paper pack.  The yellow mat is from Bazzill and was cut at 4 x 5 1/4.  The white cardstock is 3 3/4 x 5.  I ran it through the Cuttlebug using the D'Vine Swirls folder.  The beehive came from the Walk In My Garden cartridge.  I cut it out at 2 3/4, and cut the blackout out at 3 inches.  The hive can be found on page 114.  Since I am Queen of this castle and I love crowns, I thought I would use a Queen Bee.  The adorable bees came from the Kate's ABC's cartridge.  The queen bee was cut at 1 1/4.  For the smaller bee I cut it out at 2 inches.  You will have to cut it out twice for the two different sizes since it cuts out both at one time.  I probably could've used my Gypsy but I didn't.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by, I would really love to hear from you!  I hope you all have a great week!

Lots of Hugs,
Laura

5 comments:

  1. Too cute of a card Laura! I just love it!!! Of course I just love the black and yellow color combo, the bee's are to darn cute!! Love their googly eyes! Love the crown on the queen bee (I'm queen of my castle too especially since I'm the only girl out of 8 people!!) and the buttons are just perfect!! Great job my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this card

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura,
    Super cute card, love the colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, I have a blog award for you over on my blog! Go over and pick it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card designs!! You are so talented my friend!! Love ya lots!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my Card Castle. Your comments are greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, please leave me a comment and a way to contact you. Please come back real soon!